Use of filename_dynamic

Dear all,

I am writing a mod file in which I declare the equations in log-levels, ie, exp(x) = …, where x is the log of my variable (say X).
When I use the stoch_simul command, I know Dynare computes a linear approximation around the steady-state of my model, so it is actually a log-linear approximation, given the way I declared my variables.

But I also want to use information of the model’s Jacobian which is stored in the modname_dynamic function. My question is, are these the jacobian associated with the variables in log-levels or in log deviation from the steady-state? Or does this make no difference at all?

Cheers.

Dynare always only knows the variables themselves when it takes analytical derivatives. It does not care about how you define them. The filename_dynamic and filename_static files store the derivatives of the model equations with respect to the model variables (declared with var).
If your model defines y to be the log-level of output, the Jacobian will thus be with respect to the log level of output.