Unidentifiable error

Hi, everybody. I’m trying to solve a model with a specification that is slightly more complicated than the one for which I already have a running version. This is the resulting error:

[quote]SOLVE: maxit has been reached
Warning: MATLAB has disabled some advanced graphics rendering features by switching to software OpenGL. For more information, click here.
Not enough input arguments.

Error in resid (line 87)
[N,nz]=size(z);

Error in steady (line 90)
resid;

Error in deleveraging_b (line 195)
steady;

Error in dynare (line 180)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;[/quote]

I can’t understand what the source of the problem is, since I am sure of the steady state, which can be easily computed using pencil and paper and the model equations are correct. Any hint ?

Thanks in advance.
deleveraging_b.mod (1.87 KB)

First of all, when putting resid before steady, I get

[quote]Residuals of the static equations:

Equation number 1 : 0
Equation number 2 : 0.055055
Equation number 3 : -9.4979e-06
Equation number 4 : -9.6782e-06
Equation number 5 : 0
Equation number 6 : 0
Equation number 7 : 0.00060711
Equation number 8 : -6.6667e-05
Equation number 9 : 0
Equation number 10 : 0
Equation number 11 : 0
Equation number 12 : -7.9348e-05
Equation number 13 : 0
Equation number 14 : 0
[/quote]

which means your initial values do not solve the model. Hence, there must be a mistake somewhere.

Second, the error message you report seems to be due to a path conflict. Please check whether there is a file another file resid.m that is called. E.g. type

into Matlab and see what turns up.

Thanks, typing which resid yields

It’s part of a toolbox I didn’t know existed. Unfortunately, I cannot rename this file. Is there another way around ?

Please reset your Matlab path (Home Tab -> Set Path). First, delete all paths to Dynare. Then add path to the Dynare matlab folder on top. That should solve the problem.