We have evaluated the results of Dynare’s user survey. One thing that came up frequently was a wish for more tutorials and examples on all the features Dynare offers. Albeit the manual covers most of it, it is a reference but not a user guide. Note that there is an outdated user guide which we do not support anymore, and which has also several errors in it.
So we decided that a milestone of Dynare 4.7 should be better documentation and a new user guide. I am quite thankful that Johannes Pfeifer took the lead here; however, I will also post and update my teaching materials as written tutorials as well as videos online. I hope this is useful.
The following videos are already online (newest are on top):
- New Keynesian Model: Optimal Policy in Dynare
- RBC Baseline Model in Dynare: Deterministic vs Stochastic Simulations
- RBC Baseline Model in Dynare: Simple vs Advanced Calibration using Modularization and Changing Types
- RBC Baseline Model: steady-state derivations and implementation in Dynare (with preprocessing tips)
- RBC Baseline Model Equations and Introduction to preprocessing with Dynare
- 4 methods to compute the steady state of a DSGE model in Dynare
- How to debug and report Dynare errors
- Dynare parallel on Windows: setup and example
- Dynare parallel on macOS: setup and example
- Dynare parallel on Ubuntu Linux: setup and example
If you want a tutorial on a specific topic, please let me know via email or in this thread.
- install and run Dynare parallel on a University cluster
- install dynare from source on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Smets and Wouters (2007) with Dynare: analytical derivations, codes, simulation, and estimation
- The EAGLE model in Dynare
- The GEAR model in Dynare
- The FiMOD model in Dynare
- first-order perturbation in Dynare
- higher-order perturbation in Dynare
- extended path
- how to dive into and understand Dynare’s source code
- identification toolbox
- dynare_sensitivity toolbox
- my dynare work flow using the macro language
- method of moments toolbox
- Converting SGU-type models into a Dynare mod file
Of course, the video most likely will contain errors, so I’d appreciate if you let me know, so I can either correct these in the description of the videos or, if it is a very severe one, remake the video. Contributions of videos or scripts are very much appreciated!