Steady state error for a DSGE model

I am running a DSGE model and I keep getting the following error: ??? Error using ==> print_info
Impossible to find the steady state. Either the model doesn’t have a unique steady state of the guess values are too far from the solution.
I have a closed form solutions for the steady state of the model. Is there a tricky way to solve this problem?

Sometimes I have this problems also. It is because the system don’t converge to a steady state at given number of iterations. You should check whether you have multi-solution for your model.

[quote=“fmacit”]I am running a DSGE model and I keep getting the following error: ??? Error using ==> print_info
Impossible to find the steady state. Either the model doesn’t have a unique steady state of the guess values are too far from the solution.
I have a closed form solutions for the steady state of the model. Is there a tricky way to solve this problem?[/quote]

Hi,

If you have a closed form solution for the steady state you should give this information to dynare (then he won’t try to find it with a newton). Look at the example fs2000a.mod (schorfheide’s model) and the file fs2000a_steadystate.m. You just have to write a file called :

<NAME_OF_YOUR_MOD_FILE>_steadystate.m

where you define the steady state by hand.

Best,
Stéphane.