Ramsey policy with Uribe & Schmitt-Grohe's code

Dear all,

I am studying the second order approximation ramsey policy with Uribe & Schmitt-Grohe’s code(JME, 2007).
Their model is in the attached file appendix B (pp46), jme_revision_expanded.pdf (448.0 KB)
And they have constraints codes like this file for above 16 equations as e1_cu~e16_cu, constraints.m (5.3 KB)

I try to revise their codes to mine, but I can’t understand some parts realted to “time”.
Among their code files, I don’t know the logic how to select the variables in ramsey_f.m file.ramsey_f.m (4.5 KB)

• For “time”,they use codes as follow;
    t-2 : ba2
    t-1 : ba2p or ba1
    t : ba1p or cu
    t+1 : cup or fu1
    t+2 : fu1p

Please see attached ramsey_f.m file from line19th~24th.

%Replace all variables that appear in foc as _fu1 but not as _fu1p by variables in _cup
fu1only = [h_fu1 iv_fu1 k_fu1 la_fu1 mc_fu1 pai_fu1 q_fu1 xi14_fu1 xi16_fu1 xi1_fu1 xi4_fu1 xi7_fu1 xi8_fu1 z_fu1 ];

fu1only2cup = [h_cup iv_cup k_cup la_cup mc_cup pai_cup q_cup xi14_cup xi16_cup xi1_cup xi4_cup xi7_cup xi8_cup z_cup ];

foc=subs(foc,fu1only, fu1only2cup);

h~q are eondogenous variables and xi14~xi8 are lagrangian multipliers, which are selected among lots of engogenous variabels and 16 constraints.
[h_fu1 iv_fu1 k_fu1 la_fu1 mc_fu1 pai_fu1 q_fu1 xi14_fu1 xi16_fu1 xi1_fu1 xi4_fu1 xi7_fu1 xi8_fu1 z_fu1 ]

I don’t know how to choose the variables which are matched to these in line 20th( [h_fu1 iv_fu1 k_fu1 la_fu1 mc_fu1 pai_fu1 q_fu1 xi14_fu1 xi16_fu1 xi1_fu1 xi4_fu1 xi7_fu1 xi8_fu1 z_fu1 ]), 27th and 36th.

If someone have done this or known this, Please help me to know how to solve this problem~

Thank you for all,
Esther

Dear Prof. Jpfeifer,

Could you please spare some time and help me with this question?

Thank you very much!

Esther

Sorry, but this forum is for Dynare, not for the SGU toolkit. It’s been ages I have worked with that code. You may have to ask the authors (if they are not too busy to reply).

OK~ Thank you, Professor~
I will try to send an email to the author.

If someone have done this, please let me know~

Thank you for all,
Esther