Ramsey planner with bytecode representation

Hello,

I am solving my model in the bytecode representation, i.e. I specify the following before the model equations:

model(block, bytecode, cutoff = 0);

and afterwards, I would use the following steady state algorithm:

steady(solve_algo = 5, markowitz = 5, maxit=100);

I noticed that in this setup I cannot include planner_objective and ramsey_policy command after the model equations and before the steady state command.

Any advice?

Thanks

Could you provide me with the files to replicate the issue?

Attached

Please notice that line 6 together with line 15 work, whereas line 7 together with line 16 does not

Thanks

Upload_KN_JME.zip (4.0 KB)

What exactly are you trying to do? The mcp-tag should not be consistent with bytecode. Also, what is the problem you are facing? I am getting

Normalizing the model…
Normalization failed with cutoff, trying symbolic normalization…
ERROR: Could not normalize the model. Variable zlb is not in the maximum cardinality matching.
No normalization could be computed. Aborting.

which seems to be caused by zlb having a unit root.

Thanks for checking. I forgot to remove the mcp-tag and the zlb variables, which are in fact not relevant to my problem. Please find re-attached the (clean) codes in case you can further assist.

All I want to do is to understand why bytecode together with steady(solve_algo = 5) does not work with the Ramsey commands. The reason I am interested in this is because when I expand my model to include additional features, etc. and want to study optimal policy, then only solve_algo=5 works in finding the steady state! Unless you have other suggestions?

Thanks again

Upload_KN_JME.zip (90.7 KB)

In Dynare 5 you would get the correct error message:

The 'block' option is not compatible with 'ramsey_model'/'ramsey_policy'

Thanks! Useful to know that it shouldn’t work