Problem with Bayesian IRFs

Dear JPfeifer,
Could you please look at my model with your expert eyes? Why I am getting this kind of IRFs.
Thanks in advance.

Sayera Younus
BB_Feb2015_bayes4 (1).mod (13.7 KB)

You need to be more precise what the issue is. Moreover, the file does not run, because several other files are missing. Please just upload the IRF-graphs. They should be located in the output subfolder

Dear Jpfeifer,
I am really sorry for not explaining well. The reason I am seeking help from you is that my IRFs are Oscillating.As you suggested earlier that there might me some problem in the model estimation or parameters value. I tried several ways but the IRFs are not seem quite right. I just want you kindly to check my mod fille so that you could notice something that I can’t. With my limited ability I cannot go further. My data are hp-filtered and trended.

Thanks in advance.

Sayera
IRFs.pdf (86.3 KB)

Hi Jpfeifer,
I hope you are doing great. In my previous post I have included the IRFs which shows some oscillating trends. I tried to estimate with changing parameter values but no luck. could you please look at the data and .mod file to see if you can detect something? I also include my data file which is hp-filtered (nominal variables) and de-trended(real variables) with log. Please suggest me ways to correct the problem. I really need your help.
Best regards,

Sayera
BB_Feb2015_bayes4.mod (13.7 KB)
IRFs.pdf (86.3 KB)
Estimation Data.pdf (152 KB)

Please upload a datafile, not a pdf.

Dear JPfeifer,
I hope you are doing great. My computer was crashed since the last time I contact with you. If you remember I was having problem with the IRFs oscillating. Do not know how to fix it. Please have a look on the attached file to see if you could detect something.
Thank you for your effort to help Dynare users.

Best regards,

Sayera
BB_Feb2015_bayes4 (1).mod (13.7 KB)
IRFs.pdf (86.3 KB)
Data.xls (67 KB)

The file Wellington_July_24_2014 is missing. But given the size of your model, I have not much hope of being able to help you. Check whether estimation returns sensible parameter values. For most parameters you should have some intuition what they should roughly be.

1 Like

Dear JPfeifer,
Would you please look at the results file. I think you can sure find ways how to fix the IRFs.

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate that.

Sayera
bb_extract_Feb211_2015.doc (925 KB)

This all looks like there is still a mistake somewhere in your model equations. You need to look for it.

Thank you Dear JPfeifer. I really appreciate that.

Sayera