MJDGGES returns the following error code19

Dear all,
at the moment I am performing a grid search over the parameters of the monetary policy reaction function in my model. For a particular combination, I am receiving the following message:

??? Error using ==> print_info

Error in ==> check at 21
print_info(info);

Error in ==> GSNGRPCINVAC at 166
check;

Error in ==> dynare at 26
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

What does that mean? I see that the message refers to the check command, but a violation of the Blanchard-Kahn condition would produce a different message, wouldn’t it? The strange thing is that it is worked with a great many parameter combinations before.
I have attached the code, the parameters in question are psi, f and rho and are found in lines 44-46. The policy rule, in case that is of interest is in line 84. Many thanks for your help!

Best,
Ansgar
GSNGRPCINVAC.mod (2.78 KB)

I don’t know which part of the code is wrong, but the error message simply means Dynare has trouble to solve the system. Code19 means it has trouble to compute the 19th eigenvalue. If the steadystate doesn’t change along with your alternation of parameters, it is better to calculate by yourself than to use Dynare.

Thank you so much, bigbigben!!! I have replaced the coefficients calculated within dynare by numbers and now it works!

Dear everyone,

I need help. I am trying to build a small open economy model following that of Schmitt-Grohe and Uribe in their paper (Stabilization Policy and the Costs of Dollarization) published in JMCB, 2001. I have augmented the model by incorporating remittances (remit) and labor migration (hF)

When I run the code using Dynare 4.0.3, I get the following results:
??? Error using ==> print_info at 49

Error in ==> check at 53
print_info(info);

Error in ==> pitarget at 316
check;

Error in ==> dynare at 102
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

How do I solve this problem? Can you help me please?

I have attached my codes here. You’ll initially notice the variable hF (for labor migration) in the utility function in the mod file. I start with a logarithmic utility function. Note also that to run the code, you need to store steady.m in the same folder as this calculates the steady state solutions of the model.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me here.

Sincerely,
Diana
steady.m (6.64 KB)
pitarget.mod (3.02 KB)