Input Data for Estimation

Hello,

I am trying to Bayesian estimate 2 parameters in Dynare, and having troubles with input data.

I have orginally 1 excel file with 2 columns for 2 variables. I change in to .mat file using 2 commands in matlab following this instruction:
num = xlsread(‘MyExcelFileName.xls’)
save MyMatFileName.mat num

Then, I run my .mod file for Bayesian estimation, and see the following errors. Seems that I have some problems with the data file. I open the .mat files and see that there are only value of the variables, and no variable names.

Could anyone suggest me a way to input data?

Thanks a lot!

Here are notification of error:
You did not declare endogenous variables after the estimation/calib_smoother command.
Error using load_mat_file_data_legacy (line 30)

makedataset: The variable(s) zA, rp listed in varobs are not contained in the dataset
Error in makedataset (line 128)
DynareDataset = load_mat_file_data_legacy(datafile, DynareOptions.varobs);
Error in dynare_estimation_init (line 538)
[dataset_, dataset_info, newdatainterfaceflag] = makedataset(options_, options_.dsge_var*options_.dsge_varlag,
gsa_flag);
Error in dynare_estimation_1 (line 116)
dynare_estimation_init(var_list_, dname, [], M_, options_, oo_, estim_params_, bayestopt_);
Error in dynare_estimation (line 105)
dynare_estimation_1(var_list,dname);
Error in BayEst (line 371)
oo_recursive_=dynare_estimation(var_list_);
Error in dynare (line 235)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

The error message suggests that the variable naming in the mat-file is wrong. The code you used will save the two variables in one matrix named num. But you need two vectors named according to the variables.

1 Like