Iacoviello 2013 model error

Hi,
I am a new user of the Dynare, doing my dissertation using Financial Business Cycles (2013) by Iacoviello, I kinda tied to replicate it, but face the problem of unknown variable, but I have that variable in my equations and its consumption for entrepreneurs. Can anybody help, cos I really dont know whats wrong, maybe whole my model.

Kind regards
test.mod (4.15 KB)

Dynare’s syntax only has a semicolon after the end of the var and parameter statements, not after each single declaration.

jpfeifer I already corrected all that kind of mistakes. but still it doesnt work, now it shows my another variable is unknown. :’(

Then please post the updated file.

I changed my model completely, and i thought this time it will work, but i got this error now
Error using beta (line 21)
Not enough input arguments.

Error in new (line 296)
M_.params( 22 ) = 1/beta;

Error in dynare (line 120)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

I have no idea what this
new.mod (3 KB)

please pleasae im begging you help me, its my dissertation research, which i need to submit coming monday.

You use beta, but did not define such a parameter. Thus, you are effectively calling the matlab beta-distribution function, which needs two input arguments.

Dear jpfeifer,
I got my model, now it is better still i have problem with steady state like this, Error using print_info (line 57)
Impossible to find the steady state. Either the model doesn’t have a steady state, there are an infinity of steady
states, or the guess values are too far from the solution.

I am really appreciate your help. Thank you so much
new.mod (2.97 KB)

and i wanted to ask as i know in other packages we cant run the model without data, is it the same case for dynare, or we can?

The first problem is self-explanatory. Provide initial values for steady state search using the initval-block.

What do you mean with “run the model without data”? When the model is calibrated, you can simulate it without needing data to estimate it.

Thank you, I’ll try again.