I just need the irfs of some variables

Being a new user of the Dynare program, I am very sorry to ask if there is anyway we could specify directly in Matlab what variable we want to show the irfs. I have tried cutting and pasting, but the results are not as neat as I wished. Right now, the only thing I have left to finish my seminar paper is to export only a set of the irfs to Latex, and I will be done.

Any suggestions ?

After stoch_simul and estimation you can provide the names of the variables you want IRFs for. Alternatively, the IRFs are stored in oo_.irfs and you can plot them with Matlab.

Could you please be more specific ? I have been looking for the commands, but nothing is there to be found.

1. after " stoch_simul; " Is it that you meant I put all the interested variables in the argument like this: stoch_simul(x1,x2,x3); ?
  2. I cannot find the oo_.irfs in my working directory. Where does the dynare really save it ?

Thanks in advance, and my apologies for this persistence.

Best

[quote=“psbe20”]Could you please be more specific ? I have been looking for the commands, but nothing is there to be found.

1. after " stoch_simul; " Is it that you meant I put all the interested variables in the argument like this: stoch_simul(x1,x2,x3); ?
  2. I cannot find the oo_.irfs in my working directory. Where does the dynare really save it ?

Thanks in advance, and my apologies for this persistence.

Best[/quote]

1. one example is:

stock_simul(order =1, irf=40) y l;

which only plots the 40-period irf of y and l.

1. In your matlab Workspace, you can see “oo_”, which is a 1 by 1 struct, double click it, then you can see one of the fields is “irfs”, double click it.