I am a beginer, would you pls help me? Thank you!

Hello, everybody,

I am just a beginer of dynare. I used dynare 4.2.2 version to solve a Brazil DSGE model but cannot find a satisfactory result. I cannot get the inpulse response graphs. After running the program, it just said “Some of the parameters have no value (gama) when using steady. If these parameters are not initialized in a steadystate file, Dynare may not be able to solve the model…” I don’t know what happend.

By the way, all the codes are base on the paper from mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/20853/ , I input almost all the codes from this paper into the program except last several lines where I made some modification. However, it didn’t work.

I am looking forward to your help and I will appreciate it greatly if you can give me a supporting hand. The mod file and data file is attached. Thank you very much!

John
Brazilmodel_v4.mod (4.24 KB)
Brazilmodel.rar (4.71 KB)

As for solving the model (*.mod file, I did not check the rest in the attached *.rar):
Dynare tells you that among the parameters you specify gama, but when you assign the values to these parameters, you forgot to tell what value that gama takes.
In stoch_simul command, specify the value for periods greater than 100. (for example: stoch_simul(irf=25,simul,periods=1000))
Then it seems to work.
Best

Hi,

I tried it with your method and it did work. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

John