Helping to work on a medium economy

Member gentlemen are asked to help me apply the model because a message has gone wrong with the application of the model in dynare, and I don’t know why:
Error using dynare (line 282)
Dynare: preprocessing failed
datasaif.mat (2.2 KB)
datasaif.mod (5.9 KB)

Both varobs and stoch_simul are statements, not blocks and therefore do not use a closing end;.

Thanks professor @jpfeifer
Please, Professor, I’ve made the adjustments, but the problem isn’t over. Can you help me complete the file
datasaif.mat (2.2 KB)
datasaif.mod (5.9 KB)

dynare datasaif.mod
Using 64-bit preprocessor
Starting Dynare (version 4.6.4).
Calling Dynare with arguments: none
Starting preprocessing of the model file …
ERROR: datasaif.mod: line 243, col 4 - line 246, col 3: Unknown symbol: end.
If referenced from the ‘initval’, ‘endval’, ‘histval’, or ‘shocks’ block, you can pass the ‘nostrict’ option to dynare to have this line ignored.

The problem appears as follows.

Error using dynare (line 282)
Dynare: preprocessing failed
Best

You did not delete the end for varobs.

Thank you very much, Professor @jpfeifer, The problem was solved and the results came out. Please help me add the simulation of the original data and variables slandered of the model, as well as the addition of pulse response functions to see the impact of monetary policy on macroeconomic variables in Iraq.
best wishes

What exactly is your question? The Dynare manual documents how to request various types of output.

1 Like

Greetings Professo @jpfeifer , what I want from my question is to make a model that shows me the impact of monetary policy on some macroeconomic variables in Iraq using the original data, and then make the model itself by simulating the data and variables for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of the model… Greetings and respect Professor
Best

Can you suggest to me an integrated model that addresses the impact of monetary policy transmission on macroeconomic variables, thank you very much, Professor @jpfeifer

The variables available on a quarterly basis are (GDP, inflation, exchange rate, interest rate, total consumption, government expenditures and revenues, labor supply and demand for work, investment, market value of shares, depreciation, capital accumulation, money supply, taxes, exports and imports , the sample consists of 67 views, and what I want to do is to clarify the impact of monetary policy on the macroeconomic variables in the Iraqi economy… thanks professor

Usually, one would use s Smets/Wouters-type model. But you should check which features are required for your country, like an explicit oil producing sector. I am not an expert in that area.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Professor @jpfeifer for the answer. I am very grateful to you