Error Code4

I am trying to simulate a staggered adjustment model (4 kinds of households) and keep getting the following message:
??? Error using ==> print_info
MJDGGES returns the following error code4

Error in ==> stoch_simul at 50
print_info(info);

Error in ==> Benchmark at 197
info=stoch_simul(var_list_);

Error in ==> dynare at 26
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

I have no idea what is going on - I’ve never had this problem with DYNARE before. It is doing fine computing the steady state but doesn’t seem to know how to deal with the model after that. Is there a maximum number of variables I can have or something like that? Or a maximum number of lags in the endogenous variables?

Thanks in advance for any info people can provide. I am attaching my code in case it helps.
Benchmark.mod (3.86 KB)

It is saying that Dynare has difficulty to calculate eigenvalue no. 4 and you should check the transition matrix. I ran into this problem a lot and a funny part is that sometimes the I don’t even have the eigenvalue that the error message refer to. For instance, I have a big model with 62 variables, but Dynare says it can’t compute the 77th eigenvalue. We should wait for Michel to exlain it.

This happens very rarely, but in this case Dynare wasn’t able to compute the Real Generalized Schur Decomposition that is at the heart of the method used to solve to linear rational expectation model.
I can’t say without spending some time on the issue if it is sheer bad luck or if it comes from a deficiency of the model.

It is working with version 3 of Dynare with numerical derivatives because it changes a little bit the numbers. You have 3 unit roots 2 of them have 0 real part and 1 on the imaginary part which looks strange. So maybe it is the model after all.

Best

Michel

Thanks to both of you for explaining what was going on.