Dynare++ version 1.3.2 problems

Hi,

I have installed dynare++ version 1.3.2. on my winxp machine. Trying to run test1.mod I get the following error message:

Caught dynare exception. Parser error at test1.mod, line 4, column 23: Parameter is not unique.

To see where this error might come from, I installed older versions and then ran the file. With version 1.3.1, I get the same error message on my machine. With version 1.2.1 everythings works fine, the model can be solved and the appropriate output is written to disk.

I would appreciate any help on how to resolve the problem. Could the files be corrupted when downloading? Do other people have similar problems?

Thanks,
Matthias

Dear Matthias,

There is nothing wrong with Dynare++ in this respect. The error message:

Caught dynare exception. Parser error at test1.mod, line 4, column 23: Parameter <beta> is not unique. 

says that on the fourth line, at 23rd column, beta parameter is not unique, which means that it has been declared before. Look at the line in test1.mod:

The reason why the file is working with earlier versions is that I put a completely new parser to Dynare++ (see the change log), which is more strict and requires unique declarations.

I am sorry I have not spotted the error in test1.mod, being honest I do not run all the tests at each realease, that is why I overlooked test1.mod. Sorry.

best

Ondra K.

Dear Ondra,

thanks a lot for your quick response. I should have spotted the origin of the problem myself. I appreciate your help.
Matthias