Dynare stops working unexpectedly

I tried to run a mod file using matlab. When I type “dynare filename”, a message appears and says “dynare stopped working”. Then, in the Command Window I see

“This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.”

Does anyone have an idea of why that occurs? I was using external functions which include integrals. Can it be the source of the problem?

Looks like a bug. Please try the most recent snapshot. If the problem persists, provide me with all file necessary to replicate the issue.

I downloaded and installed the 2014-06-08 version. In the “dynare” directory now I have both “4.4.2” and “2014-06-08”. I tried to set path and add folder in matlab. I selected the matlab subdirectory inside “2014-06-08”. I saved and closed the set path screen. Still, if I type “dynare” into matlab, it does not complain that I did not specify an MOD file. Yet, it says “not enough input argument”.
Anyway, I tried to run my MOD file again, and it does not work.

Thank you

I guess I installed the latest version correctly since the problem now says

"Starting Dynare (version 2014-06-08).
Starting preprocessing of the model file …

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information."

Please provide me with the mod-file

Here you are.

Additional functions that I included into finale2
H_prime_prime.m (112 Bytes)
H_prime.m (91 Bytes)
H.m (98 Bytes)
GAMMA_prime_prime.m (67 Bytes)
GAMMA_prime.m (57 Bytes)

Last set of functions
truncmean_prime_prime.m (169 Bytes)
truncmean_prime_prime.m (169 Bytes)
truncmean.m (632 Bytes)

There is a Dynare bug here that prevents correct debugging. I will notify you when it is fixed.

Thank you very much. Could you please let me know if it has to do with external functions including integrals?
Anyhow, I will provide you with a cleaner file if it helps.

I don’t know yet. The problem occurs when declaring H, but I did not find anything strikingly different from the other functions. Regardless, Dynare’s preprocessor should not crash like this.

We have finally identified the problem. See github.com/DynareTeam/dynare/issues/678