Dynare++ on MAC

Dear Dynare community,

I have been trying to have my Dynare++ codes work on my MAC but without success. I always get the following error: /bin/bash: dynare++: command not found

I tried to do as suggested in the following post(Running Dynare++ on Mac) by adding Dynare++ to your PATH variable but the error persists.

Any help how to solve this?

Thanks a lot

Alex

In the terminal type:

and post the output.

Otherwise, you can just copy dynare++ to your current directory and run it from there.

Hi Houtan,

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been running the codes on remote desktop since the MAC ones still don’t work, even if I put the Dynare++ and dynare_simul in the same directory. The error is “/bin/bash: dynare++: command not found”. Any idea why?

Thanks

Yes. dynare++ is not being found in your path. Please follow the directions in my previous post by posting the result of echo $PATH If you are running it from your current directory and the current directory is not in your path, you will need to invoke dynare++ by typing:

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I am trying to execute several .mod file into a loop using Dynare++. I always get “/bin/bash: dynare++: command not found” even if I tried to define Dynare++ in my path and put the Dynare++ exe in the current file.

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Sasha

Where are you trying to run them from? The terminal? Matlab? Is your loop a bash script? If not, what programming language?

I am calling them from Matlab using the following line (it worked in Windows)
!dynare++ --no-irfs model.mod

Thanks

And, what happens if in Matlab, you do the following, with dynare++ in your current directory:

Hi,

No it still doesn’t work, I get the following message: “/bin/bash: ./dynare++: No such file or directory”.
Note that if I try dynare++.exe, I get the following message: “/bin/bash: ./dynare++.exe: Permission denied”.

Also, I tried the “echo $PATH”, I get
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Applications/Dynare/4.4.2/dynare++:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/texbin

Is everything normal with that at least?

Thanks

First, dynare++.exe doesn’t make sense on a mac as .exe files only work on windows.

Please just do the following.

1. Make a new directory in your home folder called dpp
  2. Copy the dynare++ executable and your .mod file to the dpp folder
  3. Open Terminal
  4. In Terminal type: cd ~/dpp
  5. In Terminal type: ./dynare++ --no-irfs model.mod

This should work. If it doesn’t, in Terminal type:

1. ls -la
  2. pwd

and send the output.

I have a similar problem. I am trying to execute several .mod file into a loop using Dynare++. I always get “/bin/bash: dynare++: command not found” even if I tried to define Dynare++ in my path and put the Dynare++ exe in the current file. :laughing:

Please post the program you use to run dynare++ in a loop along with your .mod files