Dynare.m

Dear all,

I am a new comer to the World of Dynare. I cannot run dynare. I cannot open dynare.m. Could somebody help me?

best,

Gordon

octave-3.0.3.exe:2> pkg rebuild -noauto ftp ann database
octave-3.0.3.exe:3> addpath c:\dynare\4.0.2\matlab
octave-3.0.3.exe:4> mark_as_command dynare
octave-3.0.3.exe:5> cd c:\dynare\4.0.2\models
octave-3.0.3.exe:6> dynare(‘rbc4.mod’)

Configuring Dynare …
[mex] Generalized QZ.
[mex] Sylvester equation solution.
[mex] Kronecker products.
[mex] Sparse kronecker products.

error: DYNARE: can’t open rbc4.mod
error: evaluating if command near line 84, column 1
error: called from dynare' in filec:\dynare\4.0.2\matlab\dynare.m’

Hi,

I can’t understand how you get this. Are you sure that you have a file named “rbc4.mod” in your c:\dynare\4.0.2\models directory?

Three other remarks (which probably have no relation to your problem):
[ul]
] the line “pkg rebuild…” need not be typed every time you run Octave; only the first time/:m]
] You can just type “dynare rbc4.mod” instead of “dynare(‘rbc4.mod’)”; this is precisely the purpose of the “mark_as_command” statement/:m]
] You should not put your models in the same directory than the one where Dynare is installed, because if you uninstall Dynare 4.0.2 this will delete your model files. A better location is probably c:\dynare\models/:m][/ul]

Best

Sébastien

Thank you for your reply. However, my problem has not been solved. Gordon

octave-3.0.3.exe:5> dynare rbc4.mod

Configuring Dynare …
[mex] Generalized QZ.
[mex] Sylvester equation solution.
[mex] Kronecker products.
[mex] Sparse kronecker products.

error: DYNARE: can’t open rbc4.mod
error: evaluating if command near line 84, column 1
error: called from dynare' in filec:\dynare\4.0.2\matlab\dynare.m’

Please launch the “dir” command on the Octave prompt. This should list the files of the current working directory, as Octave sees them. This should indicate if “rbc4.mod” is seen by Octave or not.

One possibility is that your file is actually called “rbc4.mod.mod” (because of Windows hiding extensions by default, which confuses some people).

Best

Sébastien

Your saying on dir is very helpful. My files are named ’***.mod.txt. ’ I can run Dynare now. It is great. Thank you for your help.
Gordon