Dynare 4.4.3 installation on Ubuntu 14.04

Hi guys,

I’ve been trying to install Dynare 4.4.3 on an Ubuntu 14.04 machine (Matlab version 2015b and Dynare 4.4.1 installed). I also have the matlab-support package installed but Dynare just wouldn’t install. I followed the steps here dynare.org/DynareWiki/InstallOnDebianOrUbuntu but I got this error message:

Could you please suggest a solution to this? Thanks a lot in advance!

Looks like your package manager is confused between the two Dynare versions (the official one from the Ubuntu repository, and the unofficial one from the Dynare repository).

Could you try the following:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dynare=4.4.3-1~trusty1 dynare-matlab=4.4.3-1~trusty1

Hi Sébastien,

Thank you so much, it has solved the issue indeed!

[quote=“SébastienVillemot”]Looks like your package manager is confused between the two Dynare versions (the official one from the Ubuntu repository, and the unofficial one from the Dynare repository).

Could you try the following:

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install dynare=4.4.3-1~trusty1 dynare-matlab=4.4.3-1~trusty1 [/quote]

Hi,

I followed this procedure for dynare installation. However, the folder \usr\lib\dynare doesn’t have dynare++ folder. Usually it is saved in this folder.
Also tried indtalling using Ubuntu 14.04 Software center, same problem for dynare 4.4.3.
Pls. suggest.

Thanks.

Great ! Thnx.