Dynare 4.3.3 - loads of message errors

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I am grateful of having found this forum and having the possibility to ask for some help!!
I was wondering if you could help me with a general problem I have with dynare, please… just to see if I can fix it easily… :confused: I spent this week working on it.

I was trying to play around with dynare 4.3.3 in my Uni computers (in different computers, with Windows 7) ; since I had some issues with my own codes, I tried to run some benchmark codes to check if I was making any mistake. I tried the basic codes of Dynare “official” manuals and from some sites: macromodelbase.com…. and a few codes from L. Christiano’s web…
And I always get error messages. The errors always indicate the lines with the following commands:

steady_state_model;
steady;
check;
shocks;
model(linear);

I do not understand why those errors appear. Do you know if there is a bug with the version, with the installation, or maybe should I change something I do not know? I reviewed the “known-bugs” list, but I found comparable issues only for the 4.2.x version.
Thank you!!

Please post the exact error message.

Thank you!!

There are several errors, but the most common are the following:

For this file (sites.google.com/site/pfeiferec … edirects=0), the error was:

Caught Dynare exception: Parse error at RBC_CME_basic.mod, line 55, column 1: syntax error, unexpected NAME

For this file (sites.google.com/site/pfeiferec … edirects=0) the error was:

Caught Dynare exception: Parse error at RBC_CME_log_lin.mod, line 46, column 6:
syntax error, unexpected CHARACTER, expecting SEMICOLON

And I noticed those lines were steady_state_model; model(linear);

Thanks again!!

Do you also get errors with the files in the Dynare examples folder?

Did you try 4.4.2 for my files? They were not written for 4.3. Regarding the Macro Model Database, it only supports 4.2.5, nothing higher.

[quote=“jpfeifer”]Do you also get errors with the files in the Dynare examples folder?

Did you try 4.4.2 for my files? They were not written for 4.3. Regarding the Macro Model Database, it only supports 4.2.5, nothing higher.[/quote]

Regarding the example files, I get the following errors:
Caught Dynare exception: Parse error at example1.mod, line 62, column 1: syntax error, unexpected NAME, expecting $end
Caught Dynare exception: Parse error at example2.mod, line 60, column 1: syntax error, unexpected NAME, expecting $end
The commands in the respective lines are “shocks” and “steady”.
Regarding a higher version, I have not tried it yet. (admin permissions…). It seems that I have to borrow a computer to install a higher (or lower!) version.
By the way, I saw the latest version of MM database, its documentation states it has been tested in 4.2, 4.3, 4.4

Thank you for your help!

Anyway… I just tried a later version in a computer I borrowed and everything works. I am almost sure it was the installation…
Thanks!!