Changing parameter values in IRFs

Hi,

I’d like dynare to compute and show impulse response functions for given variables and shocks, when one of the structural parameters assumes different possible values. E.g.: the response of output to a tech shock when the depreciation rate is equal to 0.2, 0.25, 0.3, 0.35. Is it possible to plot the 4 IRFs in a single graph?

you need to mix Matlab commands and Dynare commands in the *.mod file

I will post an example in about 10 days. (I’m on the road right now)

Best

Michel

Thanks a lot

Alessandro

Attached is finally an example for doing IRF in a loop with different parameter values.

Sorry for the delay

Michel
irf_loop.mod (1.67 KB)

Dear Michel,

thank you for the reply. I tried to run the example file, but it looks like the command ‘graph’ cannot be used in the 3.064 version. Everything else works perfectly.
Thank you

Alessandro

Dear Alessandro,

I tested it with the snapshot for version 3.

Best

Michel

Dear Michel,

I was trying to use the loop-section of the example file you provided for plotting IRFs of different parameter values into one graph.

In my example I just replaced the parameter psi from your example and left everything else as it was.

Which parts do I have to alter if I have more endogenous variables than your example and want to have some of them plotted in 3by3 subplot graphs? Or would it be easier to construct the graphs by myself?

Best regards,
Min-Kyu