Parallel with Mac OS X

Dear Houtan,

I am not using a snapshot. I wish I could, but under Mac OS Sierra there are some MEX incompatibility issues between Matlab R2017a and the pre-compiled versions of Dynare (including the snapshots). So, based on another thread (i.e. Saving the estimated shocks, where you have also posted) I had to use Homebrew to compile Dynare, which works nicely following the hints in the aforementioned thread.

However, I only managed to compile the stable version, but not the HEAD version. Below I give the output of the installation command
"brew install dynare --HEAD --with-matlab=/Applications/MATLAB_R2017a.app --with-matlab-version=9.2 --without-octave --with-tex"
Compilation of the stable version (so without the --HEAD option) works fine, but unfortunately not the HEAD version. I guess the fix for parallel Dynare under Mac OS is only implemented in the HEAD version and not in the stable one (at least parallel Dynare doesn’t work under the stable version on my laptop with Mac OS Sierra, Matlab R2017a).

Is there some other solution? For example, is it possible to replace a couple of Dynare files by newer versions from the GitHub repo?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Best, Joris

Output from HEAD install:

==> Installing dynare from homebrew/science
==> Installing dependencies for homebrew/science/dynare: boost
==> Installing homebrew/science/dynare dependency: boost
==> Downloading homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/bo … tle.tar.gz
######################################################################## 100.0%
==> Pouring boost-1.64.0.sierra.bottle.tar.gz
/usr/local/Cellar/boost/1.64.0: 12,628 files, 395.7MB
==> Installing homebrew/science/dynare --HEAD --with-matlab= --with-matlab-version= --with-tex --without-octave
==> Using Homebrew-provided fortran compiler.
This may be changed by setting the FC environment variable.
==> Cloning github.com/DynareTeam/dynare.git
Updating /Users/Joris/Library/Caches/Homebrew/dynare–git
==> Checking out branch master
==> autoreconf -fvi
Last 15 lines from /Users/Joris/Library/Logs/Homebrew/dynare/01.autoreconf:
2017-04-21 09:28:45 +0200

autoreconf
-fvi

READ THIS: docs.brew.sh/Troubleshooting.html