oo_.SmoothedVariables

No, I’m using version 4.4.3 and I’ve not encountered singularity problems with my model.

When I prepared the code for sending it up and double-checked whether I was able to reproduce the results, I found that I was not. This gave me the clue to what had gone wrong. Apparently, I was partly looking at results of older estimation runs that were still included in the oo_ variable had not be overwritten or deleted.

And the reason for this, in turn, was that I was routinely using the “noclearall” option in invoking Dynare (following the suggestion in the thread Strange warning message for avoiding spurious warnings). Apparently this caused old fields of the oo_ variable to remain.

Without the “noclearall” option, the oo_ content looks much more reasonable:

[ul]]If I run “estimation” without the “smoother” option, I get oo_.SmoothedVariables.VARIABLE_NAME output, but no oo_.SmoothedVariables.MOMENT_NAME.VARIABLE_NAME output./:m]]If I run “estimation” with the “smoother” option, I get oo_.SmoothedVariables.MOMENT_NAME.VARIABLE_NAME output, but no oo_.SmoothedVariables.VARIABLE_NAME output./:m][/ul]
So the only question that remains is: What is the interpretation of the oo_.SmoothedVariables.VARIABLE_NAME output if I run “estimation” without the “smoother” option, but with Metropolis draws?