Estimation, IRFs and variance decomposition

This is possible but should be unlikely. But it looks as if you are only looking at point estimates. You should not do that. An indication of problems would be when the credible sets/HPDIs of the estimates are disjoint.

[quote]2. IRFs after the estimation: In case of estimated model can we use stoch_simul or should we only use bayesian_irf command to obtain impulse response functions?
[/quote]

See [Bayesian IRF Graphs)

Yes, that is correct. However, keep second point in mind, i.e. the difference between the FEVC at the mean parameter (stoch_simul) vs. mean FEVC (estimation)

No, you would have to do that yourself.

[quote]5. Historical decomposition: When I run shock_decomposition, I obtain the graph. Is it possible to change the colours (e.g. from rainbow ones into black and white shades)? Can we add years/quarters on the X-axis?

1. Reproducing the output of historical decomposition in Excel: If what I asked above is not possible, can we reproduce the graph that Dynare shows in Excel? I know this question appeared earlier, but I have not found satisfactory answer. I know where to find the output in oo_ file, but its form is difficult to work with (three dimensional).[/quote]

You would also have to do that yourself. Regarding the three-dimensional array, the manual for 4.4 documents the entries. Alternatively, you could manipulate the graph_decomp.m of Dynare. The critical parts are the fill-commands like

fill([x(i) x(i) x(i+1) x(i+1)],[yp yp+zz yp+zz yp],k); yp = yp+zz;
where the second bracket provides the colors for filling.